Easy Custom Auto Excerpt
Easy Custom Auto Excerpt is a WordPress plugin to cut/excerpt your post displayed on the home, search or archive pages. By using this plugin you don’t need to excerpt your post manualy; just activate the plugin, configure the word length and you’re good to go.. You can also change the image thumbnail position for the generated excerpt.
How it Works/ How does it work?
Try ECAE right now !
- Buy the license you need ( Personal / Developer )
- Download the plugin from your account
- Unzip the zip file. It will be extracted into two files : easy-custom-auto-excerpt.zip and easy-custom-auto-excerpt-premium.zip
- Upload and install easy-custom-auto-excerpt.zip followed by easy-custom-auto-excerpt-premium.zip
- Premium Easy Custom Auto Excerpt option feature will appears in Settings -> Excerpt
It has broke my website!
The auto excerpt cannot properly cut on some element, if its broken. Please use the read more/post excerpt. It can be activated from the screen option.
What will happen if I wrote ‘read more’ for the post?
It will be used instead of the automatically generated one.
It’s not working!
Technicaly speaking, some themes don’t use the_content() when producing the contents. In such cases, the excerpt won’t work.
In this manual we will describe how the auto excerpt work.
- If you put ‘read more’ text on the post, it will be used
- If you don’t put any ‘read more’ on the post, the plugin will cut the word based on the setting you have in the excerpt menu
If you need fine grained control for each post , we advise you to use the ‘read more’ feature that wordpres provide.
Due to the different nature of each theme that exist on the WordPress community this plugin may work or not work on your theme
Costomize excerpt setting
- Go to Wp-Admin dashboard, select exerpt on the setting tab
- Choose the desired options you want to make, the options is self explanatory. You may try different setting for the best result.
- Hit the save button
- Enjoy 🙂